Wednesday, December 15, 2004

In That Moment...
I’ve seen you with tears
I’ve observed you in anger
I’ve witnessed your exhaustion
Been there with your laughter
I stayed by your side
No matter what people said of you
I silently listened to your words
Because that is what friends do
Now that I’m face down in the mud
You say you’ll hold you hand out
To help me make it through
Then you hear the other’s footsteps
With their slurs you don’t know what to do
Afraid of being different
You silently judge me
All because I did my best
To help you smile for the world to see
In that moment when you listened
In that single blink of an eye
You threw that painful dagger
Left me to bleed and die
A trust I thought was there
A freedom to be me completely
Vanished in an instant
Because of your voices and insecurities
I hope your friends never turn
Their back like you did to me
Simply because there was a part of you
The couldn’t bear to believe or see
When you pick and choose a friend apart
You tend to miss
What makes up their heart
You end up listening to what the other people say
Then you hurt the friend in that moment
In that single day

No comments: