Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Unspoken

My life was a mere blur until you gave me the courage & strength to open my eyes
Life was full of confusion and questions that couldn't be answered by me at the time
To have the feeling of falling without an end in sight
I was falling until you put your hands out and caught me
When I came to an abrupt halt
There you were
Your soul spoke to mine & said to be quiet and just listen
To listen
I couldn't hear it
What was it that I couldn't hear
And you could????
You said to open my eyes and look
You said to shut my mouth and listen
You said there's your answer
The courage & strength had been there all along
The confusion subsided
My life was a blur because I FORGOT to stop
what I was doing which was picking up the bottle
The sound was my heart beating for my daughters
I needed to be quiet & breath
The answer came to me in the form of your unconditional love & friendship
When words fail to get the point across
The SOUL doesn't (bw.1)
She runs fast and hard away from the one who sees.
She leaves sharp edges on her trial cause the one to bleed.
Do I scare her with my open heart and with what I see?
Does she not see the beauty from within herself?
Why does she close herself off and turn from the one
Who is willing to help, to listen, to laugh?
What stops her from allowing me to walk beside her
To hold out a hand when she falls behind
To put up a road block when she needs to relax?
I go on with my life knowing that she will always
Run from me.
I go on hoping and wishing my friend the best from life. (cl.2)
As she's running she does fall
She's running from her demons
The dark consumes her as she's going down in slow motion
The demons live in the dark
And the dark never stops chasing her
If she could only realize that behind the darkness lies the light
But instead she's so used to running
that she gets lost in that darkness

This has been her reality for such a long time
She becomes tired
That's the point where she does the falling until she comes to an abrupt halt
She falls back into your arms She fears her short comings, NOT you
She realizes NOW that you emerged from the darkness and brought forth the light
You might not see it, but she follows you like her guiding light
I'll stumble sometimes, but NEVER fall again
because you're teaching me to not be afraid of the dark(bw.3)
In every dark, there is a small light
In every fear, there is a courage
In every eye there is a tear
In every heart there is a form of love
She doesn’t feel herself guiding her
She doesn’t feel herself hold her up
She feels air all around,
She feels helpless as the tears fall silently and invisible
She wishes to know her…her soul, her heart…
not her mask or what she makes herself to be
She wants to show her that not everyone judges
She looks but doesn’t see her
She listens but doesn’t hear her
She wishes..for two wishes…one for her life and one for her soul (cl.4)
She forms tears reading the words
A nerve struck with realization of deep and unspoken thoughts
Words both from light and dark
Creating messages that only both understand
Sending them subliminally, both come to realize,
Their words together create a beauty
beyond words and imagination(bw.cl.5)
The light savors the memories
Where as the dark holds on to fears
The light knows good things happen
The dark fears the light
The light envelopes the dark
Creating shadows and a way for the dark to escape
the light gives the chance for the dark to see herself in the mirror
but she turns away from what she sees. (cl.6)

Writing by BW and myself

No comments: