Walls to Bridges
I’ve been trying to keep busy
So you’re not on my mind
For only a while does it work.
My mind seems to wonder
To memories of us laughing and giggling
I remember a lot.
Wishing to take your pain away
Gaily laughing quietly listening
Wistfully hoping silently wishing
Stoically waiting slowly wondering
What is to come
For a while I hid
Hid behind walls
I wanted to quit wondering
Stop hoping
Decease caring
But yet my mind has
started toward my heart
Asking questions…
Making me see…
I don’t need the walls
I don’t need to hide
I need bridges.
Then the walls begin to
Rapidly designate, crumbling down
Creating bridges to walk on
Now there are bridges
Linking my feelings…
And me
For I have known
Only for a short while
That I have
F
A
L
L
E
N
For you
No comments:
Post a Comment